The Bike Center moved out and welcomes you at the Av. Piccard.
The Bike Center is the heart of EPFL’s cycling movement : a point of sale for new and second-hand bikes, cycling gear at reduced cost, as well as repairs at cost price. To complement the services offered to cyclists, a washing station and two self-repair stations in open access will soon be installed.
The new building is the result of the “Sustainable is beautiful” student project, organized by the Laboratory of Architecture and Sustainable Technologies (LAST), with the support of the Real Estate and Insfrastructures Department (DII), EPFL Sustainable Campus, the EPFL Student Foundation (FEE) and SIA Vaud.
Opening hours and contact
- During the semester : Mo-Th 12pm-1pm, Fr 12pm-5pm
- Other periods : Tu 12pm-2pm, Th-Fr 12pm-5pm
- From July 15 to August 15 : 12pm-5pm
- Mr Jacques Simonin : 079 371 36 55
Sales (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
- Second-hand bikes with light kit and lock (students CHF 130.-, staff CHF 200.-)
- New bikes with light kit and lock (variable prices)
- Helmets, locks, light kits, Trackyv chips, shoes, etc.
- Free reflective vests, armbands and bells
Repairs and other services
- Repairs at supply cost (see opposite)
- Repurchasing of second-hand bikes
- Self-service washing and repair stations (west side)
Free mechanics courses
- Next courses: October 23, November 9, November 26, from 5pm to 7pm
- Content : inner tube change and repair, brake pad change, gears and brakes adjustment, general maintenance
- 12 participants max.
- Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
5% discount on the purchase of a new bike or electric bike and 10% discount on all bike accessories. These offers cannot be cumulated with other offers.
20% discount on the Bianchi range of bikes (road, mtb, city, e-bike) through the Bike Center. Contact: Jacques Simonin, tel. +41 (0) 79 371 36 55.
As student or staff, the EPFL gives you access to a 10% discount on all products
Self-service workshop, bicycle and electric bike rental, used bicycle recovery, mechanics courses and cycling events
Self-managed workshop, mechanics courses, long term bike rental, collection and repair of abandoned bikes